A LIGHT FOR NATIONS
The Church as a Joyful and Persuasive Moral Guide for Society
Register now to join us for a day of encounter and exchange with advocates and organizations working across the full range of Catholic outreach, to consider ways of enhancing the voice of the Church as a joyful and authentic moral guide for society. To fulfill the Church’s role in identifying and addressing social ills, we must be equipped to guide not only the committed faithful, but also the many souls searching for truth at and beyond the peripheries of our faith.
The conference will consist of a full day, beginning with registration and Rosary at 8:30 through Mass and an optional dinner.To prepare us for Saturday's experience, the national chapter of Centisemus Annus Pro Pointifice will host a special pre-event seminar Moral Courage in Leadership on Friday evening, at the Newman Centre at the University of Toronto. This seminar will feature Father Daniel Ultrecht speaking on the topic of Bishop Clemens Von Galen of Cologne and Blessed Franz Jaegerstatter, who set courageous examples of faithful Catholic witness in the face of extreme adversity Details on this exciting event may be found at www.CAPPCanada.ca.
Our goal for both events is to promote both action and reflection in building the attractive witness of our faith as a gentle and inclusive alternative to judgment and division, to work together in gathering souls for Christ, the Most Gentle Shepherd.
- Mr. David Mulroney, former Canadian Ambassador to China and former President of the University of Saint Michael's College
- Dr. Connie Price, PhD, co-Director of the Office of Formation for Discipleship for the Archdiocese of Toronto
- Mr. Peter Stockland, Publisher of the Catholic Register Newspaper (Dinner Event Speaker)
A broad range of short presentations on initiatives related to:
- Parish Life
- Family Life
- Public Square
Ticket Pricing & Information
* Daytime Conference + Dinner Event ticket includes continental breakfast, lunch, and dinner. - $150.00
* Daytime Conference Only ticket includes continental breakfast and lunch - $85.00
For details of the conference agenda and schedule, please visit CLDConference.org